ZimSimbi products are made from natural materials, and therefore may need some additional care and cleaning occasionally. By following a few simple product care guidelines, you can keep your products looking like new.
Cow Horn Cleaning Guidelines
- Do hand wash items using luke warm water and a very mild soap.
- Do rub gently with a soft cloth and towel dry immediately
- Do apply a little vegetable oil using a cloth in the direction of the grain to help restore the natural beauty of the cow horn.
- Please do not leave items soaking in water.
- Please do not place items in a microwave or dishwasher.
- Avoid chemicals, strong detergents, abrasive cleaning materials or scrubbers.
ZimSimbi metal sculptures are hand-made from reclaimed metal, and often will arrive with a natural rustic effect that contributes to the products character. All our sculptures are coated in a clear lacquer to provide a protective layer. Applying some exterior gloss varnish or lacquer regularly is recommended, to help preserve the finish of your sculpture.
Metal Sculpture Care and Maintenance
Some additional care instructions inlcude:
- Do apply clear lacquer using a brush or spray. This will help protect your sculpture from the elements.
- Do secure your sculpture to prevent it falling over. Tent pegs or staples can help with this. work well.
- Do handle with care! Hand made sculptures may have sharp edges.
- Please do not place your sculpture near a direct heat source. They can get hot!